We’re excited to announce the release of the Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay bass. This new bass offers a big thumpy, round sound in a convenient smaller package. A 30” scale allows for easier playability due to the shorter spacing between the frets. A new custom humbucking pickup — equipped with higher output neodymium magnets — has been specially designed for the short scale bass, providing the bass with its signature warm tone. Electronics include a three-way rotary switch featuring parallel, true single-coil, and series modes.
Like its big brother the StingRay Special, the short scale bass comes standard with a modern classic bridge, 22 stainless steel frets, and new lightweight Music Man tuning machines with a finer gear ratio. Available in two brand-new, unique finishes: Ultramarine Blue and Raspberry Pearl. Available domestically now.
- Ash body
- 30″ scale length
- New arm contour rounded for more playing comfort at different positions
- Ernie Ball Music Man top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with nickel plated steel saddles
- 3 position rotary switch with parallel, single coil, and series modes
- Neodymium magnets for higher output
- Push volume pot features boost when engaged
- 5-bolt contoured neck joint on the body
- 22 stainless steel frets
Watch bassist Matt Mangano of Zac Brown Band demo the StingRay Special bass and discuss some of his favorite features below. Find a dealer near you here.